Fun fact: People who have dark hair should use more products containing copper, compared to those with blond hair. Copper is needed to maintain the natural colour of dark hair.
- Copper is one of the most important elements for the human body, essential for the brain, bones, blood, kidneys, liver and muscles.
- Plays a key role in the construction of virtually all proteins and enzymes.
- Normalizes the functioning of the endocrine glands. Endocrine glands secrete, hormones that regulate the body in many ways.
- Helps to regulate the immune system.
- Normalizes the central nervous system.
- Regulates the growth and development of cells and tissues.
- Prevents premature skin aging.
RDA = Recommended Daily Amounts (EU data)
G = Grams
Mg = Milligrams
Mcg = Micrograms (1mg = 1000mcg)
F = Female
M = Male
Aja & Nova Organic products that contain Copper
Elderberries (100g = 0.06mg 3% RDA)
Figs (100g = 0.3mg 14% DV)
Medjool Dates (100g = 0.4mg 18% DV)
Prunes (100g = 0.3mg 14% DV)
Nettles (Available soon)
Amaranth (100g = 0.1mg 7% DV)
Teff (100g cooked = 0.226mg 11% DV)
Black Quinoa (100g cooked = 0.2mg 10% RDI)
Red Quinoa (100g cooked = 0.2mg 10% RDI)
White Quinoa (100g cooked = 0.2mg 10% RDI)
Almonds (100g = 1.743mg 87% DV)
Brazil nuts (100g = 1.743mg 87% DV)
Walnuts (100g = 1.586mg 79% DV)
Cayenne Pepper (100g = 0.4mg 19% RDA)
Hemp protein (100g = 0.74mg 74% RDA)
Black Maca (100g = 6mg 600% RDA)
Maca (100g = 6mg 600% RDA)
Red Maca (100g = 6mg 600% RDA)
Chickpeas cooked (100g = 0.352mg 18% DV)
Beluga Lentils (100g = 0.50mg 60% DV)
Brown Lentils (100g = 0.30mg 35% DV)
Green lentils (100g = 0.50mg 60% DV)
Red Lentils (100g = 0.50mg 60% DV)
Chia seeds (100g = 0.924mg 46% DV)
Hemp seeds (100g = 0.5mg 27% DV)
Black Sesame seeds (100g = 4.1mg 204% DV)
White Sesame seeds. (100g = 4.1mg 204% DV)
Other good sources of copper: Asparagus, Cashews, Grapes, Summer squash, Winter squash, Olives, Spinach, Mushrooms, Turnip greens, Kale, Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Sweet potatoes, Tomatoes, Kiwi, Basil, Cabbage, Sea vegetables, Romaine lettuce, Raspberries, Pineapples.