Fun facts: 75-80% of Iron in the body (about 3-5 g in total) is in haemoglobin, which is the main constituent of red blood cells.
- Iron is an integral part of more than seventy enzymes.
- It is part of the respiratory enzymes, ensuring the process of respiration in cells and tissues.
- The main function of iron in the body is involved in the formation of hemoglobin (red blood cells) in the blood.
- Iron is involved in the formation of immune cells, hormones and the thyroid gland.
- Required for the action of activating vitamin B use in the body.
- protects the body from bacteria.
RDA = Recommended Daily Amounts (EU data)
G = Grams
Mg = Milligrams
Mcg = Micrograms (1mg = 1000mcg)
F = Female
M = Male
Iron – RDA
Ages 1-3 = 6.9mg
Ages 4-6 = 6.1mg
Ages 7-10 = 8.7mg
Ages 11-14 = F = 14.8mg M = 11.3mg
Ages 15-18 = F = 14.8mg M = 11.3mg
Ages 19+ = F = 14.8mg up to age 50 and 8.7mg 50+ M = 8.7mg
Elderberries (100g = 1.60mg 9% RDA)
Figs (100g = 2mg 11% DV)
Golden berries (100g = 2.6mg 16% DV)
Medjool Dates (100g = 0.9mg 5% DV)
Prunes (100g = 0.9mg 5% RDI)
Chickweed (Available soon)
Devils claw root
Sarsaparilla (Available soon)
Mullien (Available soon)
Nettles (Available soon).
Amaranth (100g cooked = 2.1mg 12% DV)
Teff (100g cooked = 2.05mg 11% DV)
Black Quinoa (100g cooked = 1.5mg 8%)
Red Quinoa (100g cooked = 1.5mg 8%)
White Quinoa (100g cooked = 1.5mg 8%)
Almonds (100g = 3.71mg 21% DV)
Brazil nuts (100g = 2.43mg 14% DV)
Walnuts (100g = 2.91mg 16% DV)
Cayenne Pepper (100g = 7.8mg 43% RDA)
Hemp protein (100g = 27.7mg 198% RDA)
Kelp (100g = 110mg 786% RDA)
Black Maca (100g = 15mg 107% RDA)
Maca (100g = 15mg 107% RDA)
Red Maca (100g = 15mg 107% RDA)
Chickpeas cooked (100g = 2.89mg 16% DV)
Beluga Lentils (100g = 7.50mg 56% DV)
Brown Lentils (100g = 3.30mg 25% DV)
Green lentils (100g = 7.50mg 56% DV)
Red Lentils (100g = 7.50mg 56% DV)
Chia seeds (100g = 7.72mg 43% DV)
Hemp seeds (100g = 14mg 78% DV)
Black Sesame seeds (100g = 14.55mg 81% DV)
White Sesame seeds. (100g = 14.55mg 81% DV)