Fun facts: 59% of Magnesium in the body is in soft tissue, 40% in the bones and 1% in body fluid.
- Magnesium is involved in the metabolism of fats, glucose, amino acids, and nutrients.
- Magnesium is integral in the healthy functioning of about 300 enzymes in the body.
- Helps to normalize muscle activity.
- A natural anti-stress mineral and tranquilizer.
- Plays a part of the transmission of nerve signals and genetic information (DNA).
- Participates in the process of protein synthesis.
RDA = Recommended Daily Amounts (EU data)
G = Grams
Mg = Milligrams
Mcg = Micrograms (1mg = 1000mcg)
F = Female
M = Male
Magnesium – RDA
Ages 1-3 = 85mg
Ages 4-6 = 85mg
Ages 7-10 = 200mg
Ages 11-14 = 280mg
Ages 15-18 = 300mg
Age 19+ F = 270mg M = 300mg
Aja & Nova Organic Products that contain Magnesium
Elderberries (100g = 5mg 1% RDA)
Figs (100g = 68mg 17% DV)
Golden berries (100g = 97mg 26% DV)
Medjool Dates (100g = 54mg 14% DV)
Prunes (100g = 41mg 10% DV)
Holistic Herbs (Loose Leaf Teas)
Amaranth (100g cooked = 65mg 16% DV)
Teff (100g cooked = 50mg 12% DV)
Black Quinoa (100g cooked = 64mg 16%)
Red Quinoa (100g cooked = 64mg 16%)
White Quinoa (100g cooked = 64mg 16%)
Almonds (100g = 270mg 68% DV)
Brazil nuts (100g = 376mg 94% DV)
Walnuts (100g = 158mg 40% DV)
Chickpeas cooked (100g = 48mg 12% DV)
Beluga Lentils (100g = 122mg 33% DV)
Green lentils (100g = 122mg 33% DV)
Red Lentils (100g = 122mg 33% DV)
Baobab (100g = 148mg 39% RDA)
Cayenne Pepper (100g = 152mg 38% RDA)
Hemp protein (100g = 1176mg 313% RDA)
Kelp (100g = 570mg 152% RDA)
Chia seeds (100g = 335mg 84% DV)
Hemp seeds (100g = 856.5mg 228% DV)
Black Sesame seeds (100g = 351mg 88% DV)
White Sesame seeds. (100g = 351mg 88% DV)