Aka Retinoids, Carotene, Retinol, Retinal, Retinyl esters, Retinoic acid, Beta carotene (converted to vitamin A by the body when needed.)
Molecular Formula: C20 H30 O
- Important for bone growth.
- Aids in strengthening the immune system.
- Essential for vision.
- Keeps tissues and skin healthy.
- Diets rich in the carotenoids alpha carotene and lycopene can lower lung cancer risk.
- Carotenoids act as antioxidants in the body.
- Foods rich in the carotenoids, lutein and zeaxanthin may protect against cataracts.
- Lycopene may lower prostate cancer risk.
Recommended daily amounts:
Female: 700 mcg
So where do i get this Vitamin?
Aja & Nova products that contain Vitamin A (Fruits): Figs, Golden berry, Prunes.
Aja & Nova products that contain Vitamin A (Herbs): Alfalfa, Burdock, Cayenne, Dandelion leaf/root, Kelp, Raspberry leaf, Red clover.
Other good sources: Asparagus, Apricots, cabbage, cantaloupe melons, carrots, grapefruit, kale, Okra, red peppers winter squashes (butternut etc), sweet potatoes, spinach, kale, turnip greens and other leafy greens.