Fun facts: Iodine occurs in nature in the inorganic and organic compounds. It can also be found in the free state in the air, falling into the water and soil from atmospheric
- Iodine is the main component of the thyroid gland, as a member of its hormones.
- Hormones containing iodine stimulate growth and development of the body.
- Iodine hormones like Thyroxine and triiodothyronine Stimulate the breakdown of cholesterol and aid in the regulation of the cardiovascular system.
- Helps to regulate the exchange of heat and energy.
- Assists in enhancing the oxidation of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- Organic iodine contained in seaweed is better absorbed by the body and lasts longer than iodine-containing drugs.
RDA = Recommended Daily Amounts (EU data)
G = Grams
Mg = Milligrams
Mcg = Micrograms (1mg = 1000mcg)
F = Female
M = Male
Aja & Nova Products that contain Iodine
Bladderwrack Granules (100g = 55.0mg 3650% RDA)
Kelp (100g = 55.1mg 3670% RDA)
Black Maca (100g = 520mcg 63% RDA)
Maca (100g = 520mcg 63% RDA)
Red Maca (100g = 520mcg 63% RDA)