Fun fact: About 99% of the body’s calcium is contained in the skeleton.
- Helps to build and protect bones and teeth.
- Plays a role in hormone secretion and enzyme activation.
- Maintains healthy blood pressure.
- Aids in relaxation.
- Helps to regulate muscle contraction.
- Has a alkalinisation effect in the acid-base balance, along with potassium, sodium, magnesium.
- Stimulates the production of inulin. Inulin supports the growth of a special kind of bacteria that are associated with improving bowel functions.
- Strengthens the body’s defences.
Check out Macronutrients and Micronutrients for RNI (Reference Nutrient Intake).
% Based on 1000mg daily intake, UK recommendations state 700mg of Calcium for 18+ year olds so your daily percentage will be higher than stated for adults.
Aja & Nova products that contain Calcium
(Herbs): All herbs on the list below contain small amounts of calcium, other sources needed to reach daily intake goal.
Elderberries (100g = 38mg 4% DV)
Figs (100g = 162mg 16% RNI)
Golden berries (100g = 9mg 1% RNI)
Medjool Dates (100g = 64mg 6% RNI)
Prunes (100g = 43mg 4% DV)
Amaranth (100g cooked = 47mg 5% DV)
Teff (100g cooked = 49mg 5% DV)
Almonds (100g = 269mg 27% DV)
Brazil nuts (100g = 160mg 16% DV)
Walnuts (100g = 98mg 10% DV)
Chickpeas cooked (100g = 49mg 5% DV)
Beluga Lentils (100g = 19mg 1% DV)
Brown Lentils (100g = 19mg 1% DV)
Green lentils (100g = 19mg 1% DV)
Red Lentils (100g = 19mg 1% DV)
Baobab (100g = 339mg 42% RDA)
Cayenne Pepper (100g = 148mg 15% RDA)
Hemp protein (100g = 142mg 17% RDA)
Kelp (100g = 1600mg 160% RDA)
Black Maca (100g = 258mg 32% RDA)
Maca (100g = 258mg 32% RDA)
Red Maca (100g = 258mg 32% RDA)
Chia seeds (100g = 631mg 63% DV)
Hemp seeds (100g = 61.67mg 6% DV)
Black Sesame seeds (100g = 975mg 98% DV)
White Sesame seeds (100g = 975mg 98% DV)